Fish Committee Chairman: Jason Grimes
Call the Club At 508-485-9739 for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of all members to thank our former Fishing Committee Chairman Paul "Pudge" Brodeur for all the dedication he has shown to the betterment of the Fishing program at the club for many, many years. I have seen, as have all members, the hours of work he has put into the pond upkeep & the set up for & running of the various derbys that we host at the club every year. There is a vast amount of behind the scenes effort that goes into getting donations to help pay for the stocking of the ponds, making sure we have food & beverages & people to help for the Disabled Veterans Derby & other events. I would also like to recognize Nancy Brodeur, his wife, for being instrumental in helping Pudge get everything done & also being there working for every event making sure they come off perfectly. Pudge has been a great asset to the club in other ways as well. I have seen him there on the coldest days helping the Archery Committee set up for 3D shoots, helping work on the fireams ranges & he was right in there when we renovated the function hall. Painting & helping out wherever needed. He also somehow had time to serve on the club Executive Board helping to make the club better for every member. So, if you see Pudge around the club, take the time to say thank you for all the years he put into the club. It is members like him & his wife that make up a healthy & thriving club. It is with members' dedication & hard work like his that we have been able to make your club a standout in the area for sportsmen & their families.
Marlboro Fish & Game Assn.
We have Fish Badges again this year. The older members will remember when we had them every year. You must have a badge displayed on your person to fish at any time of year at the 3 club ponds. They are available at the clubhouse every day. Just bring your 2014 membership card, see the bartender to get your badge & have your card punched. Cost is $10. for Adult voting & Non voting spouse members. Junior members are free. Fee goes to buy the trout for our stocking program so you have fish to catch.
RULES FOR FISHING CLUB PONDS
As we are a private club with private ponds. No Massachusetts' fishing license is required for members to fish at the club
1. A Fish Badge is required to fish at any time of year in the 3 Club ponds. Cost is $10.00 for adult members, FREE for Junior members ages 10 to 18. Bring your membership card to the clubhouse to have your membership card punched & receive your badge.
2. Your current membership card must be carried on your person while using all club facilities and shown upon request by another member. You MUST also have the Fish Badge visibly displayed on your person while at the ponds.
3. Club ponds are for members' use only. No guests may fish at the club ponds. If you see someone fishing at the Club Ponds not displaying the badge above for 2014 please ask them to see it & their membership card. If it doesn't look like the orange one above ask them to leave immediately.
4. There is a 3 trout per day limit per member. If you bring your spouse & kids, which you are encouraged to do, you are limited to 3 fish for the whole group not each person unless your spouse & kids are also members.
5. Trout are stocked for catch & keep. You may throw back a trout that was only lip hooked as they will probably survive. All bass must be released immediately as we are trying to increase their population in the ponds for everyone to enjoy. Other species you may keep if you wish.
SUNDAY APRIL , 2016
Annual MFG Adult Fishing Derby
Sign up starts at 7 AM at the shack. Derby hours are 8 AM - 2 PM. Cost is $10. Prizes will be awarded after end of derby at 2 PM. Any Full voting, Spouse or Junior member 14 & over can fish in this derby. Junior members 13 & under can fish in the Kid's Derby on Sunday May 18. ( See below )
SATURDAY MAY 21, 2016
Disabled Veteran's Fishing Derby
Every year in May the Marlboro Fish and Game holds its annual Disabled Veterans' Fishing Derby. We provide a day of fishing, food and soft drinks to over 200 men & women from Veteran's facilities from all over the state. The club provides this day of enjoyment for the Veterans with the help of members and the donations from thankful people from the local area. We can use all the help we can get. This derby is the only time a lot of these vets get out and enjoy the outdoors. It is a day of fulfillment for them as well as the members who donate their time and efforts to make this day possible. Call the Club at 508-485-9739 and ask for information on what you can do to help the Veterans who gave so much. We are now receiving donations for this years' derby. Any amount will help. Thank you to those members of the Eagles, the American Legion, the Italian American Vets, and the Members of the Division of Fish and Wildlife who bring all the fishing rods & equipment & all the bait & help make this day possible.
KID'S FISHING DERBY
SUNDAY MAY 22, 2016